East Midlands Manufacturing and Engineering Conference 2020
The theme of the East Midlands Manufacturing and Engineering Conference 2020 is Sustainable Manufacturing and will discuss strategies for manufacturing products in a way that aims to reduce pollution, energy use and waste, whilst remaining commercially viable.
At the event, the following topics will be discussed:
- Support available to the manufacturing sector to implement changes in their practices to transition to a low carbon economic model, to understand the opportunities and threats with regards to costs savings, to supply chain management, procurement opportunities, health and wellbeing and reputational impact
- How OEMs will push down environmental demands through the supply chain
- Developing and maintaining robust links between academia and business to use the wealth of knowledge and support available from the Universities in the East Midlands, specifically the circa £2bn investment slated for development of low carbon technologies
- How the business community can influence the future direction of policy with regards to sustainable, low carbon legislation, to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Ways in which business and local/national government can work together to become more sustainable
- Future skills needs that will arise from the developing low carbon economy
- Understanding the developing green finance models and how an organisations financial health may be measured to include their environmental footprint
- Case studies
The conference will present speakers from organisations such as the Bank of England; The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET); Toyota; University of Derby; DCG and Low Carbon Business Network.
Click here to book or for more information.
Date: Tues 17 March, 8:30am – 1:00pm
Venue: The Roundhouse, Derby
Cost: £25+VAT (members of East Midlands Chamber) and £75+VAT (non-members)
Attending: Nic Ferrar