East Midlands Manufacturing and Engineering Conference 2020
The theme of the East Midlands Manufacturing and Engineering Conference 2020 is Sustainable Manufacturing and will discuss strategies for manufacturing products in a way that aims to reduce pollution, energy use and waste, whilst remaining commercially viable.
At the event, the following topics will be discussed:
- Support available to the manufacturing sector to implement changes in their practices to transition to a low carbon economic model, to understand the opportunities and threats with regards to costs savings, to supply chain management, procurement opportunities, health and wellbeing and reputational impact
- How OEMs will push down environmental demands through the supply chain
- Developing and maintaining robust links between academia and business to use the wealth of knowledge and support available from the Universities in the East Midlands, specifically the circa £2bn investment slated for development of low carbon technologies
- How the business community can influence the future direction of policy with regards to sustainable, low carbon legislation, to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Ways in which business and local/national government can work together to become more sustainable
- Future skills needs that will arise from the developing low carbon economy
- Understanding the developing green finance models and how an organisations financial health may be measured to include their environmental footprint
- Case studies
The conference will present speakers from organisations such as the Bank of England; The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET); Toyota; University of Derby; DCG and Low Carbon Business Network.
Once again AdamsonJones is delighted to be exhibiting at the event. Nic Ferrar, will be on hand to answer any queries relating to intellectual property, and has over 13 years experience working with companies and organisations in the fields of engineering and manufacturing, including aerospace, power and HVAC, as well as more general consumer goods.
Click here to book or for more information.
Date: Tues 17 March, 8:30am – 1:00pm
Venue: The Roundhouse, Derby
Cost: £25+VAT (members of East Midlands Chamber) and £75+VAT (non-members)
Attending: Nic Ferrar