National Manufacturing Debate 2019
The National Manufacturing Debate, hosted by Cranfield University, brings together manufacturing professionals from a range of sectors to discuss current challenges for UK manufacturers.
The focus for this year's National Manufacturing Debate is 'Supply Chains in 21st Century Manufacturing: Developing sustainable supply chains for UK Manufacturing growth.'
In advance of the event a project team carries out research that helps to inform the debate. This project will explore and evaluate the role of supply chains in today’s UK Manufacturing sector. In particular, the project will illuminate the current status, the gaps to excellence and the impact of supply chain architecture, availability, management, integration, location, regulations and capabilities on the UK Manufacturing’s prospects of sustainable growth. The project output is used to help inform the debate and to this end, the project team publish a report in the form of a white paper that is made available to all National Manufacturing Debate delegates. After the event, the white paper will be available for general download.
The debate will include the follwing topics:
• Are UK manufacturing supply chains ready and flexible enough to ensure growth in turbulent times?
• How can UK manufacturing create an 'ecosystem of success' for its supply chains?
Keynote speakers include:
• Rosa Wilkinson - Director of Communications, High Value Manufacturing Catapult
• Professor Richard Wilding OBE - Professor of Supply Chain Strategy Logistics, procurement and Supply Chain Management, Cranfield University
• Professor Juergen Maier - Chief Executive, Siemens plc
• Andy Schofield - Manufacturing & Materials Strategy and Technology Director, BAE Systems
Nic Ferrar, Partner and Patent Attorney, is delighted to be a debate panellist at the event and will be discussing the role of intellectual property in the supply chain.
To register your place at this event, please visit the event registration page here.
Date: Tuesday 21 may 2019
Venue: Cranfield Campus, College Road, Cranfield, MK43 0AL
Attending: Nic Ferrar