Five major IP offices launch own website
6th January 2010
The world’s five largest IP offices (which style themselves “IP5”) have for some time been collaborating in projects aimed at improving the efficiency of the processes by which patents are obtained across the world. The members of IP5 are:
- the European Patent Office (EPO),
- the Japan Patent Office (JPO),
- the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO),
- the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China (SIPO), and
- the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
A new website has now been launched, giving details of the IP5’s vision, namely global cooperation leading to “the elimination of unnecessary duplication of work among the IP5 Offices, the enhancement of patent examination efficiency and quality and guarantee of the stability of patent right”.
The Projects page of the website is particularly interesting, as it gives details of the approaches that the IP5 offices are taking towards achieving their objectives.
6 January 2010