SME support to evaluate innovative medical technologies: round 2
The Office for Life Sciences (OLS) is partnering with Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, to invest up to £1.5 million. The aim is to help small and medium-sized developers of innovative medicines, medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital technology to evaluate their product in a real world clinical setting.
OLS and Innovate UK are looking for an evidence base that can evaluate products that address NHS priorities. The support offered will enable companies to collect and analyse clinical performance and cost effectiveness data within an NHS setting.
There are 2 options for applicants in this competition:
- Study planning and preperation. Project costs up to £50,000
- Collection of clinical performance and cost-effectiveness data study. Project costs up to £250,000
All projects must be business led.
Projects can be collaborative but this is not mandatory. Only the lead partner can claim grant.
To apply for funding you must be a UK based SME
- carry out your project within the NHS
- have a product that is aligned with the specific healthcare areas defined in the Next steps on the NHS 5 year forward view
- involve products that have been marketed in the UK for less than 5 years
- be able to outline relevant discussions you have had with the main stakeholders, such as National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), NHS England, National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) and Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs), to demonstrate the feasibility of your proposal
For more information on eligibility, scope, and how to apply, please visit the Innovation Funding Service competition page here.
Competition opens: Monday 2 July 2018
Competition closes: Wednesday 22 August 2018 12:00pm
Funding type: Grant
Project size: Total project costs of up to £50,000 for option 1. Up to £250,000 for option 2. Projects must start by January 1 2019 and be completed by the end of December 2019.