UKIPO Patent Informatics for key technologies
30th June 2014
The UK Government has identified “eight great technologies” that it believes will drive future growth in the UK.
Those technologies are:
• the big data revolution and energy-efficient computing;
• satellites and commercial applications of space;
• robotics and autonomous systems;
• life sciences, genomics and synthetic biology;
• regenerative medicine;
• advanced materials and nanotechnology;
• energy and its storage.
The UKIPO is producing a series of patent landscape reports on these eight technologies and the UK’s contribution to patenting in these areas.