UKIPO Patent Informatics for key technologies
30th June 2014
The UK Government has identified “eight great technologies” that it believes will drive future growth in the UK.
Those technologies are:
• the big data revolution and energy-efficient computing;
• satellites and commercial applications of space;
• robotics and autonomous systems;
• life sciences, genomics and synthetic biology;
• regenerative medicine;
• advanced materials and nanotechnology;
• energy and its storage.
The UKIPO is producing a series of patent landscape reports on these eight technologies and the UK’s contribution to patenting in these areas.
Stay of proceedings at UK courts - Coloplast A/S v Salts Healthcare Limited
24th February 2020
Although a stay of national proceedings is the ‘default’ position in the UK, the stay was refused in this instance because of the combination of an absolute right of appeal, a minimum of two years to appeal and the potential of the ping pong effect before the EPO.